R A D I O --- I N T E R N E T E X P L O R E R R E C O M E N D A D O

.. PARA DESCARGAR HACER CLICK EN LA PALMERA/ TO DOWNLOAD PUSH PALM TREE ..

lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

PRINCE FAR I - CRY TUFF DUB ENCOUNTER CHAPTER 1

..
..
.....
.....







Prince Far I - Cry Tuff Dub Encounter Chapter 1








TRACKLIST


1. A Message

2. The Visitor
3. The Right Way

4. Long Life

5. The Encounter

6. Ghardaia Dub

7. Mansion Of The Almighty

8. Mozabites

9. Prince Of Peace

10. Abderrahane

Personnel: Prince Far I (percussion); Flabba Holt (guitar, bass guitar); Earl "Chinna" Smith , Bingy Bunny (guitar); Dennis Brown, Theophilus Beckford (piano); Clinton Jack (bass guitar); Fish Clarke, Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace, Santa Davis, Sly Dunbar (drums); Sticky (percussion).

Label Pressure Sounds

Orig Year 1976

Discs 1

Release Date Jul 12, 2005

Studio/Live Studio

Mono/Stereo Stereo


Producer Prince Far I; Adrian Sherwood; Prince Far I


Engineer Adrian Sherwood; Dennis Bovell; Mark Lusardi; Adrian Sherwood


Personnel Sly Dunbar - drums


Dennis Brown


Earl "Chinna" Smith


Santa


Sticky - percussion


Bingy Bunny - guitar


Fish Clarke


Prince Far I - percussion


Theophilus Beckford - piano


Clinton Jack - bass guitar
For all of the live shows that Prince Far I did in the U.K. with the Roots Radics/Creation Rebel axis, this one-off live performance with the Suns of Arqa was apparently the only one committed to tape. The Voice is in good form here, Far I sounding unrehearsed but fully into the music, eagerly interacting with the Suns of Arqa, a crossover dub band creating Far Eastern sonorities on keyboards and violin. Add in the bass and drum salvos and you've got a feel that anticipates the bhangra revival. Far I and the Suns were making live electric trance/dance music back in 1982, and there are some undeniable moments of precocious black cosmic electro-groove on Cry Tuff Dub Encounter. Listeners get to hear Far I's voice in a very different context, and his lyrical reactions to same are nothing if not endearing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

SH