R A D I O --- I N T E R N E T E X P L O R E R R E C O M E N D A D O

.. PARA DESCARGAR HACER CLICK EN LA PALMERA/ TO DOWNLOAD PUSH PALM TREE ..

jueves, 12 de agosto de 2010

PRINCE FAR I - UNDER HEAVY MANNERS

..
..
.....
.....








UNDER HEAVY MANNERS


TRACKLIST


1. Rain a Fall
2. Big Fight
3. You I Love and Not Another
4. Young Generation
5. Shine Eye Gal
6. Boz Rock
7. Show Me Mine Enemy
8. Shadow
9. Deck of Cards
10. Heavy Manners


His first album was a heavyweight chanting set of Psalms, but UNDER HEAVY MANNERS was Prince Far I's full-length debut with all-original lyrics, which made for an astounding one-two punch deep from the heart of the militant, highly creative roots rockers phase of reggae music. Classically definitive renditions of lyrics he would later revisit (such as "Big Fight," which details a boxing match between Natty Dread and Babylon), the title track, and "Show Me Mine Enemy" ("or rather show me my friends because I know my enemy by heart") are featured here.


Producer Joe Gibbs' top-notch studio band is in peak form, and the live mixing of Errol Thompson provides further magic. Backing vocals and toasting, great keyboard lines, and touches of dub echo are all in perfect symbiotic balance with Far I's thundering vocals. This reissue adds three bonus vocal tracks, and four Errol Thompson/Joe Gibbs-mixed dubs.


Recorded at Joe Gibbs Recording Studio, Kingston, Jamaica. Includes liner notes by Carter Van Pelt.


Audio Mixer: Errol Thompson.


Liner Note Author: Prince Far I.


Recording information: Joe Gibbs Recording Studio, Kingston, Jamaica.


Arrangers: Errol Thompson; Joe Gibbs.


Label T.P.
Orig Year 1976

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

SH