R A D I O --- I N T E R N E T E X P L O R E R R E C O M E N D A D O

.. PARA DESCARGAR HACER CLICK EN LA PALMERA/ TO DOWNLOAD PUSH PALM TREE ..

miércoles, 24 de noviembre de 2010

PETER TOSH - THE TOUGHEST THE SELECTION 1978-1987

..
..
.....
.....












THE TOUGHEST THE SELECTION 1978-1987

TRACKLIST




1. Coming in Hot
2. Don't Look Back
3. Pick Myself Up
4. Crystal Ball
5. Mystic Man
6. Reggaemylitis
7. Bush Doctor
8. Maga Dog
9. Johnny B. Goode
10. Equal Rights / Downpresser Man
11. In My Song


Label Capitol / EMI
Orig Year 1988
Release Date Oct 25, 1990

Not to be confused with another Peter Tosh release of the same name (issued in 1996 on the Heartbeat label), 1988's THE TOUGHEST on Capitol is not a best-of collection that tries to cash in on Tosh's death, but a set of odds and ends mixed in with a few familiar compositions. Included here is Tosh's dub remake of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode," as well as "Don't Look Back," "Bush Doctor," and such standards as "Coming in Hot" and "Equal Rights/Downpresser Man." THE TOUGHEST offers plenty of gems for longtime Tosh fans and completists alike.


Includes liner notes by Neil Spencer.


Producers: Peter Tosh, Marlene Tosh, Michael C. Collins, Chris Kimsey, Robert Shakespeare.




LYRICS PICK MYSELF UP


Sittin' in the morning sun
And watching all the birds passing by
Oh how sweet they sing
And oh how much I wish that I could fly
And I try
I said I try
I try
I really try try try
But I got to
Pick myself up
Dust myself off
Start all over, again (CHORUS 2x)
Sittin' in the midday sun
And wondering where my meal's coming from
After working so hard
Not even piece of bread at the yard
And I said I try
Oh Lord I try
I try
I really try try try
Sittin' in the evening sun
And watching the same birds passing by
Sittin' and wondering
And waiting for the time for me to fly
And I try
I said I try
Good Lord I try
I really try try try
So long and I just find
It was just a waste of time
So long and I just find
I been been wasting all my time
I've got to pick myself up...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

SH